INWA Nordic-Walking World Cup 2019
In collaboration with The International Nordic Walking Federation (INWA) the Nordic Walking World Cup takes place for the first time in Estonia on 7th July 2019.
Joint with the oldest Nordic Walking marathon in Estonia, with 12th Lahemaa Marathon the World Cup for competitive walkers will be held and fastest walkers will be awarded both in individual and team competition.
Check out the video of previous years 11th Lahemaa Marathon: HERE!
The World Cup race mass-start time for both 21 and 10 km distances is at 11:00 on Sunday, July 7that the Kolgaküla Health Center!
Additional requirements for the race
- Walking sticks/poles are mandatory, mechanical (springs, etc.) walking sticks/poles are not allowed.
- Meals and drinks (including personal drinking-bottles, energy gels, etc.) are not allowed on the race track.
- It is not allowed to wear headphones on the track.
- Footwear with metal clips that improve engagement with the ground are not allowed.
Competition rules for the participants
- At any moment during the competition, there must not be two feet nor two sticks in the air at the same time.
- The walking pole must touch the ground during the time when opposite foot is touching the ground.
- The walking poles must touch the ground further than the foot, except for steep climbs and descents.
- Bodyweight must not be abnormally lowered during walking.
- Hands with the walking sticks must have the range of motion at least to one's hip.
- The walking poles must be used throughout the whole distance, except in service points.
- The walking poles must be attached to the hands correctly, according to the rules.
- The competition number must be visible and properly fixed to the chest throughout the competition. It is not allowed to change the shape of the number (including the folding of the number etc.).
- It is forbidden to obstruct co-competitors in any way, it is mandatory to keep sufficient and unobstructed space for passaging safely.
- Competitors are visually observed by both organizers and judges.
- The decision of judges and organizers is final.
- All violations of the above-mentioned competition rules are penalized with a yellow card.
- Three yellow cards are equal to one red card, which means disqualifying a competitor.
RegistrationTo register a participant fill in the registration form at the top of this page. There you can choose the distance and one of the following age group (M - male, F - female):
- Junior (up to 20 years old)
- Senior (21 + years old)
- Master (age range 40-59)
- Veteran A (age range 60-69)
- Veteran B (70 + years old)
Registration for team competition
- The team competition is meant for teams with 4 members.
- Mixed teams with both female and male competitors are allowed.
- Team members must participate on the same distance (10 or 21 km).
- Total age of the team members has to be minimum 100 years to unite people with different ages.
- All team members must be pre-registered for the individual competition.
- Register your team here.
All finishers will receive a Lahemaa marathon medal and a personal diploma with the finishing time of the chosen distance.
In addition, the 3 best male and female contestants will be awarded in the age groups and 3 best teams of four members in both distances will be awarded.The top 30 finishers in each age group will score INWA Nordic Walking World Cup series points according to the INWA Handbook:
|1st place||100||11th place||24||21st place||10|
|2nd place||80||12th place||22||22nd place||9|
|3rd place||60||13th place||20||23rd place||8|
|4th place||50||14th place||18||24th place||7|
|5th place||45||15th place||16||25th place||6|
|6th place||40||16th place||15||26th place||5|
|7th place||36||17th place||14||27th place||4|
|8th place||32||18th place||13||28th place||3|
|9th place||29||19th place||12||29th place||2|
|10th place||26||20th place||11||30th place||1|
Based on the points there will be put together a ranking of the participating countries.
E-TURIST tour operator is organizing accommodation and transportation for the participants.For request of booking accommodation and private offer for transport please contact:
Ph. +372 7441687
For this event rooms are booked in the following hotels in Rakvere:
- Aqva Hotel & Spa 4* design spa hotel in center of Rakvere
- Wesenbergh Hotel small cozy hotel in the center of Rakvere
- Hostel of Kadrina Sport Center 15 km from Rakvere
Friday, July 5th 2019
- accommodation in Rakvere (105 km from Tallinn; 344 km from Riga, 115 km from Narva).
Saturday, July 6th 2019
- Aqva Spa Water Park and Sauna Centre (Parkali str. 4)
- Song Festival in Tallinn
The Estonian Song Festival is one of the largest amateur choral events in the world, a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
This year it will mark the 150th anniversary of the first nationwide song festival, now held every five years. The accompanying dance celebration will take place for the 20th time.These massive folk gatherings, involving thousands of colorfully dressed performers from all over Estonia and abroad, have helped to define nation’s spirit ever since the days of the first celebration in 1869.
- Manors of Lahemaa: Palmse, Sagadi
- Estonian Mining Museum in Kohtla-Nõmme
- hiking trail on Viru bog
- acommodation in Rakvere
Sunday, July 7th 2019
- 10:00 start numbers handout - start/finish area (52 km from Rakvere)
- 11:00 start of INWA Nordic-Walking World Cup
- 14:30 award-ceremony
- accommodation in Rakvere or Tallinn
Estonia is the northernmost country of the Baltic States bordered by Gulf of Finland to the north, by Baltic Sea to the west, by Latvia to the south and by Russia to the east.
Estonia is one of the greenest countries in the world as about 50% of its territory is covered with forest, making this country great for hiking and exploring the wildlife. It takes just a couple of hours drive from the capital city Tallinn to get to the wild forest.
Estonia's capital Tallinn is the best preserved medieval city in Northern Europe and its stunning Old Town is protected as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Tallinn as a compact and green capital is a perfect holiday destination if you want to see an exciting mix of new and old. City’s business centre with luxurious hotels and large shopping centres are just a stone’s throw away from historical sites.
Lahemaa is the largest national park in Estonia and is situated on the northern coast of Estonia, in a distance of one hour drive east of Tallinn. It is a perfect place for hiking because here you can see stony and sandy seashores, picturesque bogs, forests, lakes and streams. There is also a spectacular Viru bog, which is equipped with a modern boardwalk.
In Lahemaa you can also see fishing villages and renovated medieval manor complexes, such as Palmse, Sagadi and Vihula.
Fifth largest city in Estonia, Rakvere is located close to the scenic coast and picturesque Lahemaa National Park. Rakvere attracts visitors with its impressive 13th century castle ruins, contemporary town square and spa culture.
NB! Check out more information in Elamusmaratonid 2019 General Instructions!