General Instructions 2020
What is Elamusmaratonid?
Elamusmaratonid walking and Nordic walking marathons take place in various exciting locations in Estonia that are worth discovering. Elamusmaratonid offer various options for regular exercise in different parts of Estonia during the summer. In 2020 there will be 5 marathons.
2 May 2020 - 2nd Alutaguse Marathon
Since the event takes place in the evening darkness, a headlamp is needed. The trail runs along the territory of Estonia's newest Alutaguse nature reserve, established in early 2019. 100% of the trail runs along forest and gravel roads, we walk in a pine forest.
7 June 2020 - 9th Noarootsi Marathon
The trail runs mainly on forest and gravel roads which are great for nordic walking. There will also be a few kilometers on asphalt, moss in the pine forests and sand on the seashore.
5 July 2020 - 5th Värska Marathon
Start is on the 5th of July at Värska laululava. Exact location information is available HERE. Värska marathon takes place on 10 km, 21 km and 42 km distances. Start for the 42 km is at 10 AM, 21 km at 12 AM and 10 km 12:10 AM.
The marathon takes place on the territory of Mustoja Landscape Reserve along forest trails. There will be some steeper ups and downs on the track and on the 21- and 42-km tracks there may be a couple of more exciting places...
2 August 2020 - 3rd Kõrvemaa MarathonStart is on the 2nd of August at Sportland Hike and Ski resort. Exact location information is available HERE.
Kõrvemaa marathon takes place on 10 km, 21 km and 42 km distances. Start for the 42 km is at 10 AM, 21 km at 12 AM and 10 km 12:10 AM.
Kõrvemaa Marathon takes place on the territory of Kõrvemaa Nature Reserve. The trail runs along the shores of local lakes, passes through the bog on boardwalk and along small forest roads.
There will be held the 3rd Family Marathon on the same day on 5 and 10 km tracks. The family marathon tracks are also suitable for baby strollers.
30 August 2020 - 13th Lahemaa Marathon
Start is on the 30th of August at Kolgaküla Healthtrails Center. Exact location information is available HERE.
Lahemaa marathon takes place on 10 km, 21 km and 42 km distances. Start for the 42 km is at 10 AM, 21 km at 12 AM and 10 km 12:10 AM.
Lahemaa Marathon takes place on the territory of Lahemaa National Park, along forest paths (on the 42-kilometer track there will be 800 meters of asphalt). There are also some steeper ups and downs on the track.
What we offer?
- prepared and marked course (10 km, 21 km, 42 km)
- drinks and snacks on the track
- start number (if you register to all four marathons, you will get a special named number)
- hot meal after finishing in the finish area
- washing possibilities in the finish area
- a medal for each finisher and a personal diploma with your name and time
What happens before the start?
- All marathons besides 2. Alutaguse Marathon start with the 42 km distance at 10 AM.
- 21 km distance start time is 12 PM and 10 km will start at 12.10 PM
- Alutaguse Marathon starts at 20.00.
- Registration of participants begins one hour before the start at 10.00 (Alutaguse at 19.00).
- The participants will have a maximum of 8 hours to reach the finish. Those who have not reached finish of the chosen distance by that time will be disqualified from the track and directed straight to the finish line.
What happens in service points?
There will be 6 service points on the full length maraton (42 km), 3 service points on the half marathon (21 km) and 2 points on the 10 km distance. At all service points drinks with sweet and salty snacks will be offered to participants.
What happens in the finish?
At the end of the marathon, all participants receive a medal and a personal diploma with the time of finishing the selected distance. At the finish all participants are offered a hot meal and a soft drink, so that nobody has to go home hungry. There are washing possibilities at the finish as well.
How to register?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your full name,
- The event you want to register to,
- Selected distance (10 km, 21 km or 42 km).
What else to remember when you come to Marathon?
- Spare enough time to avoid being late and being the reason for postponing the event’s schedule.
- Take into account the weather conditions – put on weather appropriate clothes and comfortable hiking boots or running shoes. The marathon will take place in all weather conditions.
- Follow the weather forecast – if there is lot of sun, do not forget to use hat and sun-glasses. For rain protection use rain coat.
- Train before the marathon and know your limits.
- In the morning, eat properly and get a good night sleep before the marathon.
- Don’t lose enthusiasm on the marathon track and cheer others. Enjoy every moment 100%.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +372 527 7540 (Kunnar)