General Instructions 2018
What is Elamusmaratonid?
Elamusmaratonid walking and Nordic walking marathons take place in various exciting locations in Estonia that are worth discovering. Elamusmaratonid offer various options for regular exercise in different parts of Estonia during the summer. On each marathon it is possible to select one of three distances: 10 km, 21 km or 42 km. In 2018 there will be 4 marathons of which 3 have already become traditions.
10 June 2018 - 7. Noarootsi Marathon
Start is on the 10th of June at 11am in Tuksi Sport Center. Exact location information is available HERE. The trail runs mainly on forest and gravel roads which are great for nordic walking. There will also be a few kilometers on asphalt, moss in the pine forests and sand on the seashore.
8 July 2018 - 11. Lahemaa Marathon
Start is on the 8th of July at 11am in Kolgaküla Healthtrails Center. Exact location information is available HERE. Lahemaa Marathon takes place on the territory of Lahemaa National Park, along forest paths (on the 42-kilometer track there will be 800 meters of asphalt). There are also some steeper ups and downs on the track.
5 August 2018 - 3. Värska Marathon
Start is on the 5th of August at 11am in Värska laululava. Exact location information is available HERE. Värska Marathon takes place on the territory of Mustoja Landscape Reserve along forest trails. There will be some steeper ups and downs on the track and on the 21- and 42-km tracks there may be a couple of more exciting places...
19 August 2018 - 1. Kõrvemaa Marathon
What we offer?
- prepared and marked course (10 km, 21 km, 42 km)
- drinks and snacks on the track
- start number (if you register to all four marathons, you will get a special named number)
- hot meal after finishing in the finish area
- washing possibilities in the finish area
- a medal for each finisher and a personal diploma with your name and time
What happens before the start?
What happens in service points?
There will be 6/7 service points on the full length maraton (42 km), 3 service points on the half marathon (21 km) and 2 points on the 10 km distance. At all service points drinks with sweet and salty snacks will be offered to participants.
What happens in the finish?
At the end of the marathon, all participants receive a medal and a personal diploma with the time of finishing the selected distance. At the finish all participants are offered a hot meal and a soft drink, so that nobody has to go home hungry. There are washing possibilities at the finish as well.
How much does it cost?Information about 2018. marathons participation fees: HERE!
How to register?
- Fill in the application form here: http://www.elamusretked.ee/registreerimine.
- For group registration, fill this FORM.
- You are registered after you have made the payment to MTÜ Elamusmaratonid account, EE382200221061167567. Bank details: SWEDBANK AS, Liivalaia 8, 15040 Tallinn,Estonia; SWIFT code / BIC: HABAEE2X.
What else to remember when you come to Marathon?
- Spare enough time to avoid being late and being the reason for postponing the event’s schedule.
- Take into account the weather conditions – put on weather appropriate clothes and comfortable hiking boots or running shoes. The marathon will take place in all weather conditions.
- Follow the weather forecast – if there is lot of sun, do not forget to use hat and sun-glasses. For rain protection use rain coat.
- Train before the marathon and know your limits.
- In the morning, eat properly and get a good night sleep before the marathon.
- Don’t lose enthusiasm on the marathon track and cheer others. Enjoy every moment 100%.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +372 527 7540 (Kunnar)